Feb 16, 2008

Tus Mensajes [Old School Divide]

from The Unapologetic Mexican

FROM THE MAIL:

I thought I'd bring this to your attention. I live in Atlanta. A commercial started running about 10 days ago that shows a black guy (I'm black) talking about how millions of jobs are being lost to illegal immigrants. As he talks, only black faces are shown in the video. I don't know if this ad is being shown in other cities, but I've never seen it before. It has aired 3 times in the last 10 days, and the next time it does I'll make a point to get the name of the sponsor. I can't help to think that in this Republican dominated state, some Karl Rove types are trying to stir the pot and create dissension as we head further into the campaign season. I smell old school divide and conquer tactics. For what it's worth.

It's true. So easy for disease-minded power brokers to jam wedges in sore places. We must not let them. We must remember what we have in common, and we must nurture those things. And we must see where a true enemy lies. And be ready at all times to love. And to direct the fight to those who bring it.

Peace. (and Justice.)